In November 2008 Aurora voters approved a $215 million bond issue to fund building and technology improvements throughout the district. The bond construction program will provide approximately $201 million for building improvements and nearly $14 million for technology. Construction will be completed over a five-year period, beginning in 2009 and ending in 2013....
More than 1,000 participants attended the grand opening of the remodeled Tollgate Elementary School of Expeditionary Learning on Sept. 30. The event featured a ribbon cutting, building tours and food from Noodles & Company and Sabor Mexican Grill.
The bond-funded remodel expands the school to meet current student enrollment and includes classroom, cafeteria and front entrance additions. Tollgate also received interior remodeling and exterior improvements, including outdoor learning areas. To learn more about bond projects, visit bond.aurorak12.org.
Students and staff at several schools returned to class this month to discover some welcome building improvements. Major bond projects completed during the summer included:
- a whole building remodel at Tollgate Elementary School of Expeditionary Learning
- classroom additions at Kenton and Side Creek elementary schools
- heating and air conditioning repairs at Yale Elementary
- heating, air conditioning and roof repairs at Clyde Miller P-8
- an office remodel and new carpet at Gateway High School
- an eight-classroom modular installed at Vista PEAK Exploratory P-8
In addition, APS invested bond dollars in building renewal projects at five schools.
Thank you to Aurora voters, who approved the $215 million bond measure in 2008. To learn more about APS bond projects, visit bond.aurorak12.org.